This is one of our favourite go to quick and easy light meals.
- Medium Pizza base from Coles.
- Tablespoon and a half of Pizza Sce,
- Steamed vegetables (Mushrooms, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Capsicum, Zucchini. (We start the week with par steaming a bunch of veggies and store them in the fridge and make many great QUICK & HEALTHY dishes from that base)
- Whole baby spinach leaves (Handful)
- Heaped teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 Pitted Black Kalamata Olives (Cut in half)
- Sprinkle of virgin olive oil
- Half a handful of pinenuts
- 30g of Goats Cheese
- Your favourite spices
Place the steamed veggies in a bowl, mix in some fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped pitted Kalamata olives, and your favourite spices (Garlic, cracked black pepper, ginger, fresh chopped chilli, cumin) sprinkle of olive oil. Place the pizza sauce in the middle of the pizza base (I often add a heaped teaspoon of finely chopped garlic into the pizza sauce) and spread it out over the pizza base. Place the mixed veggies (after mixing them in the bowl) onto the pizza base. Top with pine nuts and goats cheese and place (using a Pizza slide) directly onto the oven rack at 200 degrees celcius for 15 minutes. Remove, grind a bit of cracked pepper on top, cut into 4 or 6 pieces and enjoy.
Tips: Placing directly onto oven rack ensures a crispy base. Some ovens, especially fan forced ones can be super hot so keep your eye on it.
Coby would say this dish has too many carbs and next to no protein. I say it’s OK as long as you share the pizza and only have it occasionally.
Get into the habit, if you aren’t already, of pre preparing base foods that you can turn into any number of dishes quickly. This saves time and ensures you eat well.
Chopped beetroot and goats cheese is an awesome combination but careful with the beets as they colour everything!
No Fields Found.